5 Things to know about Marketplace Open Enrollmentleadcroc_admin
Open Enrollment is the period when you can sign up for or renew a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Open Enrollment for 2016 coverage starts November 1, 2015 – just 2 days away.
Here are 5 important things to know:
- 2016 Open Enrollment lasts from November 1, 2015, to January 30, 2016.
- You must enroll by December 15, 2015, if you want your coverage to start on January 1, 2016.
- If you don’t enroll in a health plan by February 15, 2016, the only way you can get health insurance for 2016 through the Marketplace is if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. You may qualify if you have a qualifying life event such as marriage, birth or adoption of a child, or loss of other health coverage.
- You can apply for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) at any time of year. If you qualify, you can enroll immediately.
- You can preview 2016 health plans and estimated prices before you apply.